|Year Program||About 11 months||August 2013 -|
15 years - 18 years
The most popular of all our programs! This is a year-long immersion program lasting 10 to 11 months. You will stay with a host family and go to school.
Year Program ($9000)
· Approx. Start Date : 24/08/2013To05/07/2014
· Age Range Between: 15 y 9m and 17 y 6m
· Skills Required:
· Basic knowledge of French or English depending on the host province
· Language Level:
· Basic knowledge of French (french placement) or English (english placement) is strongly suggested
· Program Description:
Mon-Fri : study in the school - attending several subjects and activities class
· Language Lessons and Extra Activities :
· Students can learn Thai language and other languages depend on each school and culture classs such as handicraft, Thai cooking, Thai dancing, etc... and Thai sport such as Thai boxing, etc..
· .Material and Orientations:
· AFS Egypt will provide you with handbook including safety tips, language material and some tourist materials
Fees include: accommodation, health insurance, training and orientation.
Airfare and visa are NOT included
In its vastness, Canada ranks as the world’s second largest country (after Russia). Yet 90% of its citizens live within 100 miles of Canada’s southern border, which abuts the United States. Canada, after all, stretches far into the Arctic, with winters everywhere that are long, dark and harsh—and they get worse the farther north you go. This is why 89% of Canada remains uninhabited, with more than half the land covered by forests. Nonetheless, Canadians have a standard of living comparable to that of the United States, and though Canada’s lifestyle at first glance seems similar to its neighbor’s, in fact, Canadian culture is less brash. The country offers a friendly but reserved mosaic of heritages that includes British stolidity, French vivacity, native Inuit customs and even Chinese traditions, especially in Vancouver, which has the largest Chinese population of any city outside Asia. Canadians patiently tolerate this lively social jumble, especially because all of its cultures share a passion for ice hockey.
Currency: Canadian dollars (CAD)
Size: 9,984,670 sq km
Population: 33,759,742 (July 2010 est.)